Saturday, March 11, 2017

Too cheesy?

So during the course of this week I've done much planning on deciding which route I would like to take and what would be best for me. So I am officially saying that I've come to the conclusion that I will be doing a magazine about makeup. I am happy I decided to go on this route because today in 2017 there are a plethora of people who have turned towards makeup and there is always something new to learn each day.
Now for my cover page I've boggled with a few ideas  but the one that most stuck out to me was using this makeup palette:

                                                                                                                                                                            
So my initial idea was using this makeup palette and have the person being photographed put it to their face and have only their lips and the rest of their face showing. I was thinking that the photograph could be in black and white and the lips would be the only thing that would extract color. But after some consideration and consultation of a friend I came to the conclusion that the idea of the black and white was tacky and cheesy. Then she gave me the idea that I could use the same picture concept but instead of using the black and white I should go forth with the enhancement of color on the lips so that they could stick out. I was also thinking that I could also enhance the color of the eyes as well as eyeshadow since that is the product that is being displayed on the cover page. Those were some of the ideas that I was boggling with. I have it pictured in my head but I don't know if what is in my head will come out well on the magazine. 

Now for the layout of my magazine I have no idea what route I am going to choose. I am blanking very hard on this because I cannot picture anything at this very moment since I am just starting to put this together. Maybe since I am featuring this makeup palette (Huda beauty Rose gold textured shadows palette) I could incorporate those colors throughout my entire magazine. I am not setting that in stone because I don't want it to be redundant and I don't want people to get sick of the colors used throughout the magazine so that could be a thought. Now for the actual content of my magazine I have no idea what I want to do for that but, I know I will have an article featuring the product (Huda beauty Rose gold textured shadows palette) but I don't know if it could be a review of the product or makeup must-haves or even makeup hacks using that product as well as others. There are so many ideas flowing through my head and I have no idea what I should stick with and which ones I should right off the bat ditch. I think for the first week of working on this project thus far I am not far along at all. But I believe next week I will hopefully have a clearer understanding of what I want to have on my double page spread. But for now these are my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment